What Are Some Important Do’s & Don’ts for Garage Doors?
Garage doors can last really long if they are taken care of. Many people in Blairstown (07825) have garage doors as old as 12 years in good condition.
While you need to follow certain Do’s and Don’ts to keep your garage door in good condition, you should also carry out necessary garage door repairs as soon as possible by hiring a technician in Blairstown (07825).
Listed below are some very important Do’s for garage door operation
- Have a maintenance schedule ready; carry out monthly inspections to detect faults in early stages.
- Check and fasten the bolts or screws if the sliding door appears to be creating noise.
- Lubricate the tracks and rollers on a regular basis; do not wait for a garage door technician to come by unless you’ve someone on the job!
- Ensure that there is no physical obstruction between tracks.
- Replace broken springs or cables straight away; delays in such repairs can lead to more costly damages.
- Protect garage door motor from water or external damages.
Next, the don’ts (don’t ignore them):
- Never push or pull the garage door especially when in motion.
- Never create obstruction in tracks and let the door shut properly.
- Don’t have unnecessary weights hanging on your garage door in Blairstown.
- Don’t keep the door opened or jammed at a fixed position.
- Never try and examine the mechanical features of garage door without complete knowledge.
Make sure you do not play around with garage door springs and other such components. Do not let kids or other family members to try and fix a minor or major problem on their own. All garage door repairs, including the minor ones, need to be undertaken by an expert unless you happen to have deep know-how of such systems.
Dial 732-322-8877 in Blairstown for garage door repairs, installations or same day inspections!
Contact us for further details
ASAP Garage Door Repair Inc.
Garage door repair, maintenance and installation service.
Blairstown NJ,Phone: (732) 322-8877