How to Carry Out Garage Door Torsion Spring Adjustment?
Before you initiate garage door repair in Beach Haven (08008) on your own, it is important to understand the working of a garage door torsion spring.
A torsion spring provides support and the much needed twisting force to the door to generate enough moment-of-action; the spring also operates the shafts available with the garage door.
It’s a crucial component and garage door torsion spring repairs in Beach Haven (08008) or elsewhere are best undertaken by expert technicians unless you happen to be a dexterous person with enough know-how of mechanical systems.
What Are The Tools Required For Adjusting Torsion Springs?
The basic tools required for a torsion spring adjustment are
- Two ½” X 18″ tension rods
- A 7/16 inches (or more) long wrench
- A strong ladder
Before you get started with such a complicated garage door repair task, it’s important to understand the basic mechanism of a torsion spring.
At any point in time if you find yourself unable to have the spring adjusted, dial (732) 322-8877 to contact a technician in Beach Haven!
How to Adjust the Torsion Spring Properly?
- First of all, look out for the red cone and the screws placed at the extreme ends of a torsion spring.
- Now push the tension rod into the notch and ensure that the spring doesn’t snap out.
- Once you guarantee the safety aspect, use a wrench to untie the screw sets.
- Push the rod to the other end of the red cone.
- Next, hold the rods and tighten them up towards the right side slowly.
By now, torsion spring adjustment has probably been done.
Need Professional Assistance in Beach Haven?
Call (732) 322-8877 to find a garage door spring repair technician in Beach Haven!
Contact us for further details
ASAP Garage Door Repair Inc.
Garage door repair, maintenance and installation service.
Beach Haven NJ,Phone: (732) 322-8877