How to Open a Garage Door Having a Broken Spring?
Since garage door is an important part that should be working at any cost, it becomes vital to carry out repair and maintenance projects at least once in two months to make it last longer. Because of regular use over time, different garage door parts wear out or break and need to be repaired and replaced accordingly.
Call a garage door repair technician in Hillside (07205) area at (201) 628-0104 as and when the need arises.
Do not postpone repairs indefinitely as some misinformed Hillside residents do.
The torsion spring is one of the first parts to break, for it wears the entire weight of the door. Opening a garage door with broken spring can be a really tough job, especially if you don’t have the right technique and equipment with you!
Here’s how you can open your garage entry having broken spring in emergency situation:
The Equipment Required for the Job
- Two ladders
- A pry bar
- Mole wrench (two pairs)
- One helper
Steps to Open the Garage Entry with a Damaged Spring
- Start with placing the two ladders on both the sides of the garage door
- Standing on the ladders, both persons can insert one pry bar on each side of the entry
- The pry bars should be positioned on the corners between the end of the floor and the floor
- Though it will be tough, try to pull up the roller together to open it using the bars
- Compress one mole wrench on each roller end and use both hands to fully lift and open it once it is slightly raised
- Place the ladders to maintain the balance on each side and carefully lower the rollers
If you do not have all these tools or the expertise, consider taking the help of a professional garage door service company operating in Hillside area.
You can book a professional garage door repair professional servicing Hillside area by making a phone call at (201) 628-0104
Contact us for further details
ASAP Garage Door Repair Inc.
Garage door repair, maintenance and installation service.
Hillside NJ,Phone: (201) 628-0104